Our summers are short here in Germany.
It’s often rainy and cloudy and temperatures can drop suddenly. Our plans have to remain flexible.
When the sun shines and it’s warm, we rush to the pools, barefoot parks, and make fun, cool treats to enjoy!
My girls love simple fruit ices that combine real fruit into a delicious cool treat to beat the heat.
We don’t have air conditioner, so staying cool in summer can be a challenge.
This week, we combined fresh watermelon, lime juice, honey, and ice in the blender to cool off.
I sliced and chopped the juicey watermelon and added it to the blender.
Katie added ice and honey and lime juice.
She likes to push the “on” button.
These ices are super simple and not too sweet.
We also love making ices with berries. These are also fun to freeze in silicone tubes!
Cool real fruit treats are healthy in the summertime or anytime. Also great with additions of strawberries, pineapple, or mint!
- 1/2 small watermelon seedless (If you can’t get seedless, you might need to blend and strain the watermelon first.)
- 1-2 T honey or agave
- 1-2 T lime or lemon juice
- 1 cup ice
- Cut the watermelon flesh from the rind. Cube the watermelon and add to the blender.
- Add sweetener, juice, and ice to blender and blend until smooth and frothy.
- Pour into pretty cups or jars with fun straws and ENJOY!
Check out the other cool treats!
Strawberry-Peach Ice Cream Float | The Gifted Gabber
Kids’ Kitchen: Berry Yummy and Healthy Protein-Rich Popsicles | Living Montessori Now
Strawberry Creamsicles | Kitchen Counter Chronicles
Simple Watermelon Popsicles | Royal Baloo
Homemade Ice Cream in a Bag | Mess for Less