When my kids were very small, we had monthly themes on our bulletin board, for our homeschool lessons, and to order our daily lives.
As the kids get older, the themes aren’t quite so vivid. I enjoy the liturgical calendar, the natural cycles of the world, and celebrating the flow and small events in our lives.
We loved these themed Calendar Connections.
February offers fun themes to celebrate love and more.
This day is the Feast of the Presentation of Jesus Christ and the Feast of the Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
Saint Brigid is one of Ireland’s patron saints, along with Patrick and Columba. Irish hagiography makes her an early Irish Christian nun, abbess, and foundress of several monasteries of nuns, including that of Kildare in Ireland, which was famous and revered.
- Celebrating Saint Valentine
- Favorite Valentine Books
- Valentine Candy Hearts Math
- Preschool Valentine
- Preschool Valentine Trays
- Montessori Valentine
- Tot School Valentine
I love learning about the Saints’ lives.
- February Book Basket by Kennedy Adventures
- February by Catholic Playground
- February Feast Table by Elizabeth Clare
- February Links from Shower of Roses
Preschool Presidents Day Log Cabin Craft
Black History Month
- Nonviolence Unit Study
- Celebrating Diversity
- Our Souls are the Same Color
- Love Your Neighbor
- National Underground Railroad Freedom Center
I’m teaching my kids about Civil Rights, and I will be posting our unit study soon!
Dental Care Month
American Heart Month
Learn about heart health and anatomy.
- Make a fun edible heart craft!
- Kids Activities Blog heart craft
- Heart Pump Model
- Montessori Heart Activities
This feast day is right before Ash Wednesday, which begins the six weeks of penitence before Easter.
History: Racial Injustice Calendar.
Fun Stuff: National Days
Something for each day of the month – from fun foods to celebrating squirrels to justice issues to historical landmarks.
We love Nutella Day on the 5th!