I’ve been trying to do better about preparing breakfasts we all like. So when I saw a pumpkin scone recipe online, I thought yeah, I can make that.
It’s super easy and I had all the ingredients already.
My son is my helper. He loves to be in the kitchen!
I kneaded it and sliced the dough into triangles and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar.
Getting the wedges onto the baking sheet was a little tricky.
The cinnamon sugar drizzle was delectable.
The kids loved these! Middle sister was in heaven. She loves pumpkin anything.
He wasn’t sure at first, but he liked it after he tried it!
She loved it!
Even my eldest enjoyed a scone when she returned from her piano lesson.
Definitely a favorite that’s going in our baking repertoire. And I think the kids can make them on their own next time!
And I got to spend some one on one time with my son. He loved it. And I realize that we need to do that more. I need to bake more and introduce new flavors and foods. It’s easy for me to just let the kids get cereal in the mornings, but they do so much better with a warm breakfast – even something simple like oatmeal, grits, or bread.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/4 t cream of tartar
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 t cinnamon or pumpkin spice
- 1/2 t nutmeg omit if using pumpkin spice
- 1/2 c butter cold
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Cut in butter.
- Stir in pumpkin and egg.
- Turn out onto floured counter and cut into triangles (or any shape you like!)
- Place on a baking sheet 1 inch apart. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake 15-20 minutes at 350* or until browned.
- Optional Glaze! Blend 1/2 cup powdered sugar with 3 T milk or cream. Add 1/2 t cinnamon. Drizzle over warm scones. We also love them with honey butter!
Linking up: Sunny Day Family, Eats Amazing, Grammy’s Grid, Wife Mommy Me