When my kids were very small, we had monthly themes on our bulletin board, for our homeschool lessons, and to order our daily lives.
As the kids get older, the themes aren’t quite so vivid. I enjoy the liturgical calendar, the natural cycles of the world, and celebrating the flow and small events in our lives.
We loved these themed Calendar Connections.
Here’s a neat list of what’s on sale in October.
Fun Stuff: National Days
October 4: National Taco Day. Here’s an easy taco seasoning to ditch those spice packets.
Also the Feast of St. Francis
10th is mental health day
- Military Spouse Mental Health
- Military Children and Toxic Stress
- Books about Depression
- Mental Illness Portrayed in Film
- Memes as Therapy
- It’s OK That You’re Not OK
- Living with Depression
- What Depression Feels Like
- I am a Survivor
- Do Not Fear
- Advice to My Younger Self
- Breaking the Cycle of Negativity
- Emotional Health
- Grieving Family Who Are Still Alive
- My Father is a Racist
- Red Flags
- I’m Angry
- Personal Growth
- Dealing with Disappointment
Second Sunday in October is clergy appreciation day.
Second Monday in October is Indigenous Peoples’ Day. Here is a list of Books by and about Indigenous Peoples.
14th is National Dessert Day
15th is National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day
16th is Global Book Day. Check out my book lists.
October 22nd, St. John Paul II
23rd is Boston Cream Pie Day. I love this dessert and need to practice making it.
24th: National Bologna Day
26th: National Day of the Deployed
- Homeschooling During Deployment
- Maintaining Attachment During Deployment
- How Deployment Affects Kids
- Parenting Alone During Deployment
- Navigating Motherhood During Deployment
- How Deployment Affects Marriage
- How I Spent Deployment
- Surviving Deployment as an Introvert Spouse
- Celebrating Holidays During Deployment
26th is National Pumpkin Day
27th is National Beer Day and Black Cat Day
28th is National Chocolate Day
29th is National Cat Day. See our CATS here.
31st Halloween and Reformation Day
- How We Celebrate Halloween
- Favorite Halloween Books
- Favorite Halloween Movies
- Reformation Unit Study
- Prepare: Celebrating All Saints’ Day
Turn back clocks tomorrow!