I LOVE Naked Nutrition’s brand new Matcha Protein Powders!
There are two versions of the product (one made with whey, and the second with vegan pea protein) and all kinds of amazing recipes!
I LOVE that it only has TWO INGREDIENTS!
There’s no odor or aftertaste in either the pea or whey protein powders.
I have a smoothie every morning and often throughout the day.
I’m often vegan/vegetarian until dinnertime. It helps me to maintain a healthy weight and have lots of energy.
Matcha just makes it all better!
My favorite smoothies:
Wonderful Berry Energy Smoothies
Can easily make this vegan without yogurt. Can use any or no plant milk or liquid.
Mango Pina Colada Smoothie
Can easily make this vegan by using the pea protein + matcha powder.
There are A TON of other products from Naked Nutrition and healthy recipe options (like no carb pizza crust, protein packed quiches, and much more) as well if you are looking for additional options for both sweet and savory items with a healthy twist.
In addition to being delicious and a great way to pack lean, clean protein into all kinds of recipes – Naked Nutrition has pledged to donate between 15-100% (yes, you read that right!) of sales from these two products to the ALS Association’s Golden West Chapter/ Team Nanci for the rest of 2018 in an effort to help raise money and awareness for the organization in hopes of helping to find a cure for this awful disease.
Those affected by ALS will very often be robbed of a simple joy that we seem to have in common (eating solid food), so while it certainly may not be as yummy as Matcha Chocolate Chip muffins (recipe below!), these and all of the other pure and additive-free products the brand offers help to make the smoothies and shakes that those with ALS almost exclusively get their nutrition from a little more fun, and a lot more tasty.
“Matcha is known for being an antioxidant powerhouse so we thought it would be a great idea to support another powerhouse – celebrity publicist Nanci Ryder – by helping to raise money for ALS research,” continued Zieminski.
About Naked Pea + Matcha and Whey + Matcha
These first-to-market, non-GMO protein powders feature the superior health benefits of organic Japanese matcha. This ceremonial ground green tea leaf powder is loaded with healthful antioxidants that help boost metabolism, burn calories and detoxify the body.
Naked Pea + Matcha features a vegan protein made exclusively of raw yellow peas sourced from U.S. and Canadian farms, and Naked Whey + Matcha is made using pasture-fed cows’ milk from small, California dairy farms. Naked Nutrition leverages careful manufacturing processes to create a non-denatured whey loaded with essential amino acids, glutathione and clean protein.
The Naked Pea + Matcha Difference:
- Vegan, plant-based protein
- Pea protein is made exclusively from farms in the United States and Canada
- No artificial sweeteners, flavors or colors
- 22 grams of protein and 4.9 grams of branched chain amino acids (BCAA) per serving*
- Only two ingredients: yellow pea protein and organic Japanese matcha powder
- Non-GMO, soy-free, dairy-free and gluten-free
- Environmentally-friendly farming practices
The Naked Whey + Matcha Difference:
- Made from pasture-fed cows’ milk from small dairy farms in California
- No artificial sweeteners, flavors, or colors
- 22 grams of protein and 5.3 grams of BCAA’s Per Serving*
- Only two Ingredients: Whey Protein and organic Japanese matcha powder
- Non-GMO, soy-free, gluten-free
- No rBGH or rBST
- Cold processed
- Acid and bleach-free processing
*Nutritional values are verified by independent third-party testing.
Matcha Muffins with Chocolate Chips
- 1 3/4 cups 1 3/4 cups unbleached flour
- 1/4 cup Naked Whey + Matcha
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon matcha powder
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar plus 1 Tablespoon
- 1 1/3 cups almond milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Line and grease a muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, Naked Whey + Matcha, baking powder, baking soda, salt, matcha powder and 1/2 cup of sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond milk, egg, oil and extracts.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups. Sprinkle the tops with the remaining tablespoon of sugar.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, until the tops are lightly browned. Let cool slightly in the pan and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Leave a Reply