This month, we’re reading fairy tales!
Fairy tales are part of our history and literature reading this quarter with Tapestry of Grace Year 3.
We didn’t really have time for crafts since we’re still on our summer schedule and busy with the garden, traveling on vacation, and doing lots of fun activities outside our home, but we notebooked and discussed the lovely language and art in the books we read.
We researched the Grimm brothers and Hans Christian Andersen and how they gathered their tales for their collections. Fascinating stuff.
- Homeschool Share Fairy Tale notebooking
- character notebooking from The Notebooking Fairy
- compare/contract form from The Notebooking Fairy – great for comparing/contrasting the traditional tale with a modern story or movie
- Emergent Readers from the Measured Mom
- Story map from Amy’s Wandering
See the posts for the rest of the Nook:
Enchanted Homeschooling Mom – 3 Dinosaurs – Monsters Ed – Chestnut Grove Academy – Growing in God’s Grace – Royal Little Lambs – Life with Moore Babies – Teach Beside Me – The Usual Mayhem – Mum Central – Fantastic Fun and Learning – Kathys Cluttered Mind – Toddler Approved – Growing Book by Book – Adventures in Mommydom – B-Inspired Mama – The Fairy and The Frog – Edventures with Kids – Learning & Growing the Piwi way – A Gluten Free Journey – No Doubt Learning – Preschool Powol Packets – To The Moon and Back – Our Craft ~N~ Things – Fresh Farm Adventures – Are We There Yet?