**I received this product for free from Moms Meet (momsmeet.com) to use and post my honest opinions. Compensation for this post was provided and this page may contain affiliate links.**
I decided to read this book aloud to my three kids as a bedtime story.
It became so good that we also began reading a couple chapters each morning.
I wanted to read ahead, but I was a good mom and waited to read it with my kids.
Lots of fun little details made us sit up straighter and listen more closely.
We live in Ohio.
My husband’s name is Aaron and his best friend in school was named Jamie, just like two characters in the book.
Big sister is named Lizzie and loves trivia, like Lizzy in the book.
We became really sympathetic with the main characters. They were lively, funny, real.
The teacher, Mr. Earle, is great and my homeschooled kids really appreciate him.
We have a responsibility to help others.
The Universe, Spirit, strives to help us love others, help others, connect to others. When we pray, wish, hope, dream…we don’t know how, why, when, or even if, we will be answered.
We had some great family discussions about hope, dreams, how we can help others, how we can pay attention to others’ needs. How we can be grateful in all circumstances.
Stories connect us.
Scholastic’s A Drop of Hope typically retails for $16.99.
The book, A Drop of Hope, is a stunning heartfelt novel for kids ages 8–12 that offers empathy and hope.
My kids are 9, 12, 13. I am 43. We were all was absolutely delighted.
About the book:
• Told from multiple points of view, A Drop of Hope is a book that shows how a single act of kindness can create waves and remind us how powerful a little hope can be.
• A hint of magic, a missing treasure, and unexpected friendships will appeal to both boys and girls.
• The characters are so real, they jump off the page, making it a great book for family read alouds.
What trusted teacher/educational magazines had to say:
• “Lovely.” – Kirkus Reviews
• “A promising first novel that delivers its own measure of hope.” – Booklist Award-winning authors love this book!
• “A book that reminds us of what we are capable of.” – Gary D. Schmidt, Newbery Honor-winning author of Okay for Now
• “This has renewed my faith in humanity.” – Kirby Larson, Newbery Honor-winning author of Hattie Big Sky
About the Author
Keith Calabrese is a screenwriter known for television films like My Favorite Wedding on the Hallmark channel. A Drop of Hope is his debut novel. He holds a degree in creative writing from Northwestern University. A former script reader, he lives in Los Angeles with his wife, kids, and a dog who thinks he’s a mountain goat.