We’ve always been fascinated about China – history, geography, culture – especially Katie.
She chose China as her topic for our homeschool geography fair a couple years ago.
I think she did a great job on her display board!
China Unit Study
We celebrate Chinese New Year and we love making Chinese-inspired recipes like cashew chicken.
- Ruby’s Wish
- Yeh-Shen: A Cinderella Story from China
- Lon Po Po: A Red-Riding Hood Story from China
- Chu Ju’s House
- Revolution Is Not a Dinner Party
- Red Scarf Girl: A Memoir of the Cultural Revolution
- China’s Son: Growing Up in the Cultural Revolution
- The Story of Silk
- The Silk Route: 7,000 Miles of History
- A Single Pebble: A Story of the Silk Road
- The Silk Road
- The Empress and the Silkworm
- The Silk Princess
- Chengli and the Silk Road Caravan
- You Wouldn’t Want to Work on the Great Wall of China!
- The Emperor’s Silent Army
- The Story of Noodles
- The Sons of the Dragon King
- Day of the Dragon King
- The House of Sixty Fathers
- Kung Fu Panda
- Pandas: The Journey Home
- Born in China
- The Monkey King
- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
- The Last Emperor
- Mao’s Last Dancer
- Eat Drink Man Woman
- The Wedding Banquet
- The Joy Luck Club
- The Great Wall
- Snow Flower and the Secret Fan
- Farewell, My Concubine
- The Flowers of War
- China Unit Study from Confessions of a Homeschooler
- The Homeschool Mom China Unit
- Ancient China Lapbook from Homeschool Share
- Homeschool Den Ancient China Pages
- Homeschool Den China Fact Sheet and Khan Pages
- China Unit from Eclectic Homeschool
- Marco Polo Lapbook from Tina’s Dynamic Homeschool Plus
- Planet Smarty China Activities
- Ancient China Lapbook from Jimmie’s Collage
We enjoy learning about China!