Did you know laminate flooring comes in wood or tile/stone? I love the looks and ease of it. When we buy a house after the Air Force has finished moving us around, I will look into this!
Laminate flooring is extremely popular in today’s décor world, and for many good reasons! Not only is laminate flooring a beautiful and less expensive alternative to hardwood flooring, but laminate flooring is also extremely durable and easy to maintain. It is always recommended to check your manufacturer recommendations before using cleaners on your laminate floor.
Below are a few helpful tips to keep your laminate flooring beautiful and shining:
- Avoid soap based detergents.
- Avoid “mop and shine” products, as they can dull the film on your laminate flooring, causing permanent damage.
- Never use abrasive cleaners or any material that can scratch your floor.
- Never use wax or polish on your laminate floor.
- You can vacuum your laminate flooring with the wand attachment.
- Regular cleaning with a dust mop is highly recommended.
- Spills should be wiped up immediately with a cloth or sponge.
- Damp cloths and mops can be used, but it’s important to not over saturate your floor.
- Use only recommended laminate floor cleaning products.
Laminate flooring is a great addition to any home, and can last a lifetime with very little maintenance. If you’re considering installing laminate flooring, consider visiting your local Flooring America and speaking to their flooring professionals.