Liz has gotten to be a rather good birder and photographer. She took these shots of the woodpecker and finches from indoors.
I just love this one!
We made pinecone birdie Valentines for the birds.
The gloves didn’t fit Alex so he did it bare-handed. You can tell he doesn’t like it.
Kate loved every second!
I love Tori’s reaction to the gooey-ness.
Kate loved her finished pinecone, ready to hang!
She picked a branch in our lone tree in our backyard.
We shook the pinecones in a baggie of birdseed and tied yarn to them.
Tori picked our shepherd’s crook to hang her pinecones.
Rubeus guarded the deck.
Recipe for Bird Pinecone Valentines:
- Large open pinecones
- Peanut Butter
- optional: dried fruit, berries, dried corn, seeds, nuts
- 1. Mix the PB and lard.
- 2. Spread the mix into the crevices of a pinecone.
- 3. Shake the pinecone in a bag of birdseed to coat.
- 4. Tie a string to the pinecone to hang for the birds.
- 5. Sit back and watch your new feathered friends flock to the gift!
Bird sightings in our backyard so far this month: chickadees, sparrows, scrub jays, towhees, finches, woodpecker, magpies, crows
We love the notebooking pages at Productive Homeschooling.