Alex just knows when I’m heading to the kitchen to make something.
He’s my little helper.
We made the best chocolate chip cookies ever on this rainy Friday.
He was so proud to hold the mixer by himself!
He likes to crack the eggs too. Seriously, I just stood back, directed, and got pictures.
Yes, that’s my thumb or finger. I scrambled so fast to grab this cute shot of his concentration with that scoop that I didn’t make sure I was outta the way. And no matter how I edited or cropped it, it looked weird, so there it is.
And kitties make everything better, no? Rubeus loves being in the midst of all our goings-on.
Alex wanted to put the pans in the oven all by himself. He managed super well and I was impressed!
We baked them on two racks for 4 minutes, then switched them for another 5 minutes. Perfect!
We didn’t wait for them to cool long!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups AP flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher or sea salt
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 12 oz chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Mix sugars, oil, and butter.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well. Add vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients. You can whisk all that in a separate bowl first, but I just pour it right in.
- Use a little scoop or spoons to place balls of dough on cookie sheets. I like parchment paper or silicone mats to keep cookies from sticking.
- Bake about 8-12 minutes. I like them prettier and crunchier.