Lately, stress and the wonky weather have us feeling a little off.
These berry smoothies are a great way to start the day!
I combine in a blender:
- Blueberries (raspberries and blackberries are great too – or any kind of fruit you love!)
- half a Banana
- Greek yogurt
- Fruit Juice
I don’t really measure. A handle of this berry and another handful of that berry. A few scoops (not quite a whole cup, I don’t think) of the Greek yogurt. Another spoonful of flaxseed.
Isn’t that pretty? (You don’t even have to chop the greens off the strawberries, but my daughter insisted.)
Blend to desired consistency. Add a little water if it’s too thick. It won’t affect the taste at all.
Add essential oils for an extra oomph. I like cinnamon or citrus.
Serve in a glass with a stainless straw. Enjoy!
She was feeling great all day after her smoothie!
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup frozen cherry berry blend
- 1/2 cup full fat Greek yogurt plain or vanilla or honey
- 2 oz Goji berry juice
- 1 T chia
- 1 T flaxseed
- 1 cup coconut water
Blend items together until smooth. Enjoy!
Another favorite smoothie recipe:
Pina Colada Smoothie
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen or fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 cup frozen or fresh mango OR strawberries optional
Blend all together until smooth and enjoy!