So, it’s official.
We’re moving to Ohio this summer.
We threw out our printables, but I still like them occasionally, like loooong plane and car rides.
I found some fun Ohio state notebooking pages to learn about our new home. We’ve lived in Germany for three glorious years, so it will probably be a bit of a culture shock going back to the States!
We haven’t gone to church in a while, so we’re excited to find a new church home. Thank you for praying for us!
Read about the PCS grief process for our military family.
We have so many fun things planned for our new home!
5 things we’ve missed about the United States:
- Chick-Fil-A (and it’s just as good as we remember!)
- Air conditioning (but it’s really cold to us now!)
- Potatoes (the ones in mainland Europe are sweeter.)
- Window Screens (yay for keeping out bugs!)
- Pay at the pump gasoline!
5 things we’ve noticed now that we’re back in our passport country:
- American flags. Everywhere. It’s like we don’t want to forget where we are.
- The roads are dirty, full of pot holes, and not clearly marked. Drivers aren’t as courteous or knowledgeable. We miss the Autobahn!
- It’s very loud and bright, everywhere, all the time. So many ads and commercials.
- So many mediocre things seem so expensive.
- There are few good beers here. What’s with all the IPA and fruity beer?
The Ohio flag is pretty cool:
Ohio’s state flag was adopted in 1902. The Ohio burgee, as the swallowtail design is properly called, was designed by John Eisemann. The large blue triangle represents Ohio’s hills and valleys, and the stripes represent roads and waterways.
We’re settling in to Ohio really well. It’s so pretty here! Now, we just need to go pick up our minivan from the port and I’ll be all set.
Ohio Notebooking Pages:
- Apples 4 the Teacher – a reading list, trivia, coloring, and games
- EdHelper – Reading Comprehension, games, and activities
- 123 Homeschool 4Me – a good unit for younger kids
- Learning Treasures – Famous people, state symbols, and more!
- Education.com – Geography, history, and coloring
- Have Fun Teaching – Reading Comprehension
- ThoughtCo – State Symbols and History
- Crayola – State Flag and Symbol Page
- The Homeschool Mom – All About Ohio unit study
- Enchanted Learning – Ohio printables
- Ben and Me – Ohio Unit Study
- Easy Fun School – Ohio info and unit
- 3 Boys and a Dog – Ohio Fact Files
- Our Journey Westward – Around the USA book list
- Ohio Travel Bucket List by Travel Inspired Living