Our Fall Leaf Nature Study
We’ve been able to find just a few pretty leaves and some nice pinecones, acorns, and samaras. Few trees are changing colors yet.
I captured a few quiet moments to do some leaf rubbings and still life drawings.
Elizabeth focused on the acorns. We really need to make more time for art to develop her drawing talents.
Katie enjoyed the leaf rubbings and really wanted to do a rubbing of the acorn, but it was too “fat.” haha
I love the concentration on Tori’s face here.
Alex was quite fascinated by the leaf rubbings and enjoyed his abstract drawing of leaves. He was too quick for me to get a picture in action!
More Fall Fun:
- More Nature Study Fun!
- Fall Crafts and Activities!
- Fun leaf crafts
- Fall unit study
- Favorite Fall Books
- Apple unit study
- Pumpkin unit study
- Leaf Study from The Homeschool Scientist
- The Enchanted Homeschooling Mom Leaf Study
- Living Montessori Now Leaf Study
- Falling Leaves Study from Home Hearts
- Lots of ideas for Fall Leaf Studies at The Handbook of Nature Study blog!