I LOVE using essential oils in my beauty routine.
I don’t like all the chemicals in commercial beauty products.
My teen daughter and I typically use coconut oil and some essential oils after morning cleansing.
When we want something with a little more moisture and nourishment, we add several essential oils to a blend of nourishing carrier oils.
Here’s my favorite recipe for Essential Beauty Face Oil:
- 1 oz. Sweet Almond Oil (Hydrates, brightens, reduces fine lines and wrinkles. Use another carrier oil if you’re allergic to tree nuts!)
- 3 Tsp. Vitamin E Oil (Nourishes. Antioxidant that protects and repairs your skin.)
- 3 Tsp. Castor Oil (Moisturizes and stimulates lash growth. Reduces puffiness and helps eliminate wrinkles and scars.)
- 5-7 drops Frankincense essential oil
- 3 drops Lemon essential oil
- 3-5 drops Lavender essential oil
- 1 Evening Primrose Oil capsule (Hydrates the skin and increases circulation. Also reduces inflammation and clears pores.)
Mix the carrier oils together in a dark glass bottle (I typically use a dropper bottle). Puncture the Evening Primrose Oil capsule and squirt it in. Apply every night all over face (especially the sensitive and thin eyelids!), neck, and décolleté before going to bed. It smells heavenly and nourishes the skin.
Here are some options for specific combinations that can suit your skin’s needs.
Experiment. Have fun. Smell great! Have gorgeous skin.
Be aware of any nut or other allergies when you choose carrier oils.
Pick a Carrier Oil or a Few:
- Carrier oils for Normal skin: Almond, Hazelnut, Apricot kernel, Jojoba, Evening Primrose
- Carrier oils for Dry skin: Almond, Olive oil, Apricot kernel, Soy bean, Avocado, Wheatgerm, Jojoba, Carrot, Evening Primrose
- Carrier oils for Oily skin: Almond, Hazelnut, Apricot kernel, Grapeseed, Jojoba
- Carrier oil for Mature skin: Almond, Hazelnut, Apricot kernel, Wheatgerm, Evening Primrose, Carrot, Rosehip, Pomegranate, Borage
Pick the Best Essential Oils for Your Skin Type and the Scents You Love:
- Essential oils for Normal skin: German Chamomile, Lemon, Geranium, Fennel, Lavender, Jasmine, Rose, Neroli, Frankincense, Carrot Seed
- Essential oils for Dry skin: German Chamomile, Lavender, Calendula, Sandalwood, Geranium, Patchouli, Rose, Rosemary, Neroli
- Essential oils for Oily skin: Cedarwood, Geranium, Clary Sage, Lavender, Ylang Ylang, Lemon, Peppermint, Frankincense, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Juniper, Grapefruit, Rosemary, Neroli
- Essential oils for Mature skin: Rose, Geranium, Myrrh, Patchouli, Lavender, Citrus, Frankincense, Neroli, Fennel, Clary Sage, Sage, Cypress, Sandalwood
I see an improvement in my skin texture and clarity, especially as winter approaches.
What are your favorite scents?
Linking up: Kids Activities Blog