These Chocolate Spice Cookies are a hit with my family and anywhere I choose to take them.
My girls love to help in the kitchen, especially when cookies are involved!
The girls were a big help!
These chocolatey cinnamon cookies are warm and delicious.
A perfect holiday treat!
We love using essential oils in baking. They have a strong flavor and aroma.
Cinnamon oil makes chocolate delectable!
These cookies smell amazing and they’re just the right amount of spice!
Chocolate Spice Cookies
- 12 oz package chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup AP flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon or 5 drops cinnamon essential oil
- 1 tsp chili pepper powder
- Melt 1/2 chocolate chips in a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Cream butter and sugars.
- Add eggs. Beat until light in color. Add vanilla, cinnamon or oil, and pepper.
- Add melted chocolate to sugar mixture. Mix well.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet, folding in just until mixed. Fold in the remainder of the chocolate chips
- Drop by spoonfuls onto baking sheet.
- Bake 375* for about 10 minutes or until crackly on top.