We love reading holiday books during December.
I’ve compiled a list of our Christmas favorites – 1 for every day of the month!
There’s a little something for everyone on our list – animals, pirates, fun, history, and religious stories.
Our Favorite Christmas books:
CLASSIC: The Night Before Christmas by Clement C. Moore – Illustrated by Tasha Tudor, Ted Rand, Will Moses, and/or Robert Sabuda. These versions of The Night Before Christmas are just lovely and should be read every single year!
- The Gingerbread Pirates by Kristen Kladstrup
- The Poky Little Puppy’s First Christmas by Justine Korman
- Holly Hobbie’s Christmas Book
- The Snowman by Raymond Briggs
- The Animal’s Christmas Eve by Gale Wiersum
- Brigid’s Cloak by Bryce Milligan
- Little One, We Knew You’d Come by Sally Lloyd-Jones
- Olive, the Other Reindeer by Vivian Walsh
- The Twelve Days of Christmas by Jan Brett, Laurel Long, Robert Sabuda, and/or Gennady Spirin
- The Gift of the Magi by O. Henry
- A Charlie Brown Christmas by Charles M. Schulz
- The Pine Tree Parable by Liz Curtis Higgs
- The Christmas Tree that Grew by Phyllis Krasilovsky
- J is for Jesus by Crystal Bowman
- A Cup of Christmas Tea by Tom Hegg
- The Polar Express by Chris van Allsberg
- One Shining Star by Anne Vittur Kennedy
- The Littlest Christmas Elf by Brandi Dougherty
- One Baby Jesus by Patricia A. Pingry
- The Tale of Three Trees by Angela Ewell Hunt
- Jacob’s Gift by Max Lucado
- Alabaster’s Song by Max Lucado
- Santa, Are You Real? by Harold Myra
- The Donkey’s Dream by Barbara Helen Berger
- We Three Kings by Gennady Spirin
- The Other Wise Man by Henry van Dyke
- Jotham’s Journey OR Bartholomew’s Passage OR Tabitha’s Travels OR Ishtar’s Odyssey by Arnold Ytreetide. We read one of these Advent stories each year!
- The Jesse Tree by Dean Lambert Smith or Geraldine McCaughrean. We read through one of these each year.
- The Snow Angel by Debby Boone – We just love the message and illustrations. I bought this for me!
- Saint Francis and the Christmas Donkey by
- The Glorious Impossible (Illustrated with Frescoes from the Scrovegni Chapel by Giotto) by
What’s your favorite holiday book?
Linking up: A Fresh Start, Inspiration for Moms, Marilyns Treats, Written Reality, Moms the Word, The Chicken Chick, The Logbook, The Mrs. Tee, Life of Faith, Practical Mom, ABC Creative Learning, What Joy is Mine, Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth, MaryAndering Creatively, Morsels of Life, Boondocks,