Whatever your child’s school situation, be prepared with essential oils!
We are blessed to homeschool, and I can diffuse essential oils and apply oils as needed to myself and my children throughout the day. We manage our mood and health with essential oils.
When I attended the Young Living Believe Convention, one of the presenters mentioned that some school nurses allow and dispense essential oils just like prescription meds. If children go to the office to take OTC or prescription meds during the day, then your child should be able go to the office periodically for aromatherapy purposes. Talk to your school administrators!
Also, have your family tested for vitamin D deficiency to ensure brain health. Read articles about vitamin D deficiency. And read this article: The ADHD Scam and the Mass Drugging of Schoolchildren (Transcript)
Here are some of our methods with our children. There are multiple ways to use Young Living Essential Oils in a school environment.
Anxiety and Stress
Whether it’s test time or just a crowded schedule, kids experience more anxiety and stress than we did while attending school. Be prepared to help your children with a healthy natural diet, prayer, plenty of sleep, and essential oils.
- Valor Tori and I apply this one daily just to help us deal with stress.
- Stress Away is another great stress reliever.
- Peace and Calming is great to help with excitability and ready for sleep.
- Lavender is great as a sleep aid and skin issues.
- RutaVaLa is a wonderful blend for sleep problems.
- Harmony balances my mood so I am not “scary mommy.”
- Gentle Baby is a great one for all ages to calm and minimize scars
- Highest Potential helps us achieve your goals
- Joy is a great one before bed and in the morning to help with mood.
- Motivation helps when we doubt ourselves and abilities
Keeping germs at bay
Many of my friends whose children attend school worry those first few weeks when they’re exposed to all sorts of illnesses. Boost those immune systems and shorten the lifespan of those bugs!
- Thieves can be used like an antibiotic. There’s a whole line of Thieves products for germ defense!
- ImmuPower can be diffused to ward off illness.
- Raven works for respiratory problems
- R.C. is one of Kate’s favorite oils and helps with respiratory illnesses
- Breathe Again is a great roll-on that does what it says!
- Di-Gize is great for tummy trouble
- M-Grain helps with headaches
- Purification is good to diffuse to purify the air or place a piece of cotton with it in backpacks or gym bags!
- Helichrysum is great for pain relief and blood clotting
Maintaining Energy and Attention
We all get run-down and worn out. Some of us are affected more easily than others. Help your kids be at their best with a healthy diet, nutritional supplements, and essential oils!
These supplements will help balance from the inside out:
- Kidscents Mighty Vites Natural vitamin supplements
- Kidscents MightyZyme Improves digestion for bowel health
- OmegaGize Fish oils to boost brain efficiency
- Ningxia Red Is a superfruit juice that packs the vitamins in. Perfect as a shot by itself or delicious in juices and smoothies. We like it as a slushy too!
These oils help with focus, attention, and brain balance:
- Brainpower We diffuse this during school time and the kids are very agreeable!
- En-R-Gee Helps to boost energy if you’re rundown
- Vetiver Manages ADHD symptoms
- Grounding Keeps those dreamers focused and their heads not much in the clouds.
- Citrus oils such as Lemon or Citrus Fresh help relax and calm while refreshing memory. Great antioxidants.
- We drink a glass of water every morning with a drop each of Thieves and peppermint, and a couple drops of Citrus Fresh. It cleanses the mouth and boosts our immune systems while waking us up – ready to start our day!
Some suggestions to help ADHD children naturally with an improved diet. When we changed our diet, we noticed significant positive changes in behavior.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Do you use essential oils for your school children? What are your favorites?